Santa Giustina
Santa Giustina

Santa Giustina is located halfway between Belluno and Feltre and is one of the most vast municipalities of the province, including Val Scura in the north, the springs of the Vesès torrent and the mountains inside the National Park of the Belluno Dolomites that form the western ridges of the Pizzocco mountain group, while southwards, green hills slope down reaching the bed of the Piave river.

The territory, for its varied conformation, is the ideal destination for hikes of different levels. Worth of mention is the path that winds along the Vesès torrent starting from the Mill of Santa Libera in Salzan, passing through the village of Vèlos, base of the hydraulic factories in the past, to the town of San Gregorio nelle Alpi and the cozy Altanon hostel. Geared to agriculture, the area is seat of many companies of productive and service sectors: among all worth of mention is one of the leading companies in the production of paper, the RdM Group.

The imposing parish church in neo-classical style built between 1782 and 1791 dominates the town. Inside the church you can see numerous art treasures including a seventeenth-century "Annunciation" painted per the Venetian Carlo Saraceni. Among the most prestigious buildings, there are the seventeenth-century villa Cassòl in Formegàn, villa Norcen in Dussano, villa Avogadro in Bivai and villa Zugni in Salmenega.





Eating and Sleeping


Visit the Dolomites


Info

Home Page  |  Live the Dolomites  |  Municipalities  |  Santa Giustina
scatta, posta e tagga
#infodolomiti